250 300X most likely fast- track to a proper helicopter-- but it'll costya

Wolf714

thanks to all who responded to my issues w/ the last 2 of my ill- fated 300X heli- failures

I'm cautiously optimistic to post, that after the installation of an align 250 tail case, lynx tail blades, rendering w/ copious double- side parma servo tape per re- installing the AR7200 to the TOP & behind the rotor head, + a number of 'on the fly' adjustments with my DX6i-- this 3rd & hopefully the last 300X I have bought & flown, is stable, & flys like it should-- I think, I hope. every time I fly it I feel like some kind of 'heli- voodoo' will occur so I'm not nearly out of the turbulence yet; least psychologically

the reason I bought it is because I often have very limited airspace, & @ times, outdoors, of course u gotta have something much more aggressive & powerful than a coax, or a micro cp. I tried the SR a number of times -- I think that bird is crap-- (trust me I have my reasons) so once I got a 450X, I thought -- hey-- this 300X has the beastX, so it will likely be a copy of the 450X, only smaller

wow-- WRONG!!

only by the graces of some very smart fellow rc-ers out here, good luck, enuf money to get thru it & still fly, & finally have it mostly figured out -- there u have it

I strongly suggest unless u are willing to take the probable risk of a bad crash right out the box, or, u buy the replacement align tail kit & flip the beastX up top-- you will suffer similar fate as I did-- tons of frustration, no help from the company that makes & sells it-- you will literally be flying blind, even if you have perfect 20/20, or just had lasik ~

fyi ~

also just a quick question about the motor of the 300X.. after flights, is it normal for the engine to feel 'tight' when you spin the blades, after unplugging the battery? I'd like to tihink this is because of magnets-- tho I never felt it so, on any other rc helis I have owned

cheers & happy 'Howl' - 0- ween' !

CWO5 Wlf/ MSOT/ Airwing 714

EyeStation

That sounds pretty confident.
I have watched the threads of the three of you and have bought one based on what you guys have experienced.
I notice that you do not call out the Lynx frame brace.
Well I am going to pull off the gyro and top mount mine. I might have to wait to pick up the 250 tail box.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, both good and bad.
I might have to get your DX6i settings.
Good luck on the 3rd and keep us informed.
djb

Wolf714

That sounds pretty confident.
I have watched the threads of the three of you and have bought one based on what you guys have experienced.
I notice that you do not call out the Lynx frame brace.
Well I am going to pull off the gyro and top mount mine. I might have to wait to pick up the 250 tail box.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, both good and bad.
I might have to get your DX6i settings.
Good luck on the 3rd and keep us informed.
djb

that brace will minimize a crash-- not necessarily prevent it. my xperience has been to virtually eliminate if not significantly reduce the variables inherent to the ill- design of the 300X

u may, or may not get what u pay 4 -- u will fly, or crash, with good skills as a pilot 'uber alles' as the Germans say .. trust me in flight when the bird goes beserk-- I'd say 'brace' 4 impact, but that would be redundant & cost u ~ $20- at least- in the process

I'd suggest gearing up like me & run thru paces -- one flight @ a time-- then once u feel the confidence, & see it pan/ fly out kinks -- no worries, ideally, hopefully

I mean my point is we're going to crash anyway; somehow, some way. what I loathe the most about crashing is equipment failure-- having nothing to do with how I know to control the aircraft

>> in this case it really is the 'nature of the beast' X-- how it's mounted, how it reacts to the mainframe, the blades

the constant challenge 2 me is the tweaking/ adjustments/ mistakes

I consider, as a real helicopter pilot, with my life on the line, most failures as rehearsal 4 my next success

by compare, the 300X is a slight reflection of really, real flying. if nothing else? the learning curve keeps the nerves on edge & makes me better as an rc pilot

considering I could afford the 2 busted birds it's totally worth it

Wlf

xokia

The lynx frame brace is a neccesity not a nice to have. I didn't buy it to lesson damage on a crash. In fact the 300x stock frame is pretty resiliant in a crash.
The lynx frame brace is needed because the stock frame is a flimsy piece of junk. You will get vibes so bad that you will snap your main shaft in flight without the brace.

The vibe issue is persistent and will always continue to come and go it's just the amount of vibes that vary. Without the brace it will vibrate so much you will get the roll of death also on the beastx.
With the stock motor you can pretty much eliminate the vibes but once you start going to aftermarket motors the vibes return. It seems to be associated with the rpms. The aftermarket motors are able to get higher rpms which is where the vibes will start returning. The 300x is a decent cheap heli but you should not expect it to be a top performer. So dont spend the money to upgrade it thinking you can make it better. You will only get very minor improvements.

Lynx is supposed to be coming out with a frame for the 300x as well as an improved main shaft. I think once these are released the 300x could be a pretty decent heli still not a top performer though. Micro Heli has an aftermarket frame that some people like I just dont like MH products so I cant recommend it.

The 300x is a great beater heli that you can toss around like you stole it. Since the parts are so cheaply made that makes the crash costs pretty cheap as well. So this is what I use my 300x for I try most of the 3D stuff I dont know how to do out on my 300x. The 300x lacks the grace and power of better built helis but it will still do just about all of what the other helis can do.

Last edited:

Wolf714

yea ditto on the rpms. the highest setting on my DX6i is only @ 83; anything above & yep-- hah! the 'roll of death' ! couldn't have said it better! ever had that happen during flight?! that's a challenge

if u use a spektrum TX, what numbers are u running on your TC, PCs ? .. curious still noodling w/ the radio settings but yea I tried an 11T pinion gear w/ stock DX6 settings- again concentrating on the TC. PC numbers & I had to swap it back 2 the stock 9T because of the roll

Wlf

xokia

I haven't had the roll of death personally because the helicommand is immune to vibes. But I have had the heli shake so bad the entire helicopter looked blurry an the main shaft snapped in flight.

Top Bottom