250 300x dead tal servo

xokia

So I took my 300x out this weekend. I have flow this helicopter maybe 4-5 times. Powered it up tested the controls while it was on the ground. Everything seemed fine. Got about 10 inches off the ground and then I usually do another check. Hit the rudder one direction it started to turn and then I lost the tail. No control at all completely dead. The thing started to death spiral, since I was 10 inches from the ground I just hit throttle hold and the thing came down without incedent. Lucky me that I wasnt way up in the air. Took it to the hobby shop where we were able to test the tail servo and it was dead, non responsive. They are going to swap it out for me for free but really this isn't a good sign.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Sad! .. Checked your 7200bx..? By chance if the settings got changed in it, servo frequency or center position or something?

You should be able to replace it with a quality servo (similar or better speed , dimension specs) what eflite servo is it using on the tail?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

Its most definately the servo. The guy at the hobby store had some box that he plugs the servo into and then a small dial on the front.
So we were able to test it without the 7200 in the loop. I need to stop by there maybe after work and get it swapped out. They are just going to give me a new stock servo. Although with 4 flights on mine I'm a little worried about the quality.

I been there and done that too many times. I had a problem with the 300X just rolling to the left and losing all control resulting in a bad crash two times already. And multiple tail servos gone bad. At that point I replaced all the servos. I put the Savox 0257MG on the cyclic and the Savox 0262MG on the tail. The tail dont seem to be as fast as the stock servo but with metal gears they hold up better.

Good Luck!

xokia

Forgot to update this, hobby store swapped out the servo and my tail works fine again. I don't really fly this helicopter all that much. If the new tail servo fails I'll be sure to update. The hobby store said HH is good about taking care of their customers if something like this were to fail in the air. I have some serious doubts about that but I will definately take them up on it if it happens.

Tony

Staff member
The recall that was on the mcpx, when the bearings in the blade grips were shredding apart, caused my heli to fall, cracked the frame, broke the blades, broke the tail, broke the main shaft and stripped out a servo along with killing the skids (only time I broke them) and cracking the canopy. Horizon ONLY replaced the blade grips. The rest was on me. So don't expect them to replace anything more than the 'cause'.

xokia

The recall that was on the mcpx, when the bearings in the blade grips were shredding apart, caused my heli to fall, cracked the frame, broke the blades, broke the tail, broke the main shaft and stripped out a servo along with killing the skids (only time I broke them) and cracking the canopy. Horizon ONLY replaced the blade grips. The rest was on me. So don't expect them to replace anything more than the 'cause'.
Yea I'm not holding my breath. I spend a LOT of money in that store and they seemed to think HH would take care of the hobby shop and in turn they would take care of me. If it ever comes to that I'll be sure to post the info of what happens. Everytime I have called HH myself they have been not all that helpful. I don't know how people get free parts out of them maybe the operator can sense desperation lol. Myself once I sense I'm getting the run around I'm usually done and will just toss the product and not buy another.

The servo going dead was a big surprise to me because I dont ever really fly the 300 it was an impulse buy. I didn't really want it or need it at $300 it just seemed like a good deal. I had maybe 4-5 flights total on it and no tail strikes. It just stopped working for no reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom