Batteries 2S Lipo 5000 mah and 2S Lipo 5200 mah Together same system

totoheat

Hello

Me again
I got 2S lipo 5000mah each but I got one damaged am using them on ERevo 5608 my question is if I can use a 2S Lipo 5200mah with 2S lipo 5000 mah together?
all help very much appreciated

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
Would not advise it. I am not sure how the discharge would work. I my guess is would be either the 5200 would be fine after discharge or the 5000 might over discharge.

So I guess the question should be are you running in series or parallel? Depending on how you use them could be the deciding factor. I know while charging in parallel capacity doesn't matter as long as they are all the same voltage. I guess it would be the same for discharge also.

Don't hold me to that I am taking a stab in the dark.

Last edited:

Smoggie

What Uri said.. Do you plan on series or parallel connection?
Parallel would be no problem at all (making a 2S 10200mAh battery). Series could work too but you would have to be careful not to over discharge the smaller battery, with the difference in capacity between the two batteries being small this shouldn't be a huge problem.

totoheat

Thanks Guys for your advice

They are hooked up in series so based on your advice I would get another 5200 to avoid any issue

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
I would base the usage off the lower mah until you get some cycles in. That way you can track the end state of both packs. 3.75 volts should get you close to 20% left in the pack which is what you want.

Smoggie

If it were mine I'd give the 5200 and 5000 a go and just check end voltage after use to make sure that the smaller battery wasn't running much lower than the larger one. The difference is only 200mAh which is 4% of battery capacity, so not very much.

Tony

Staff member
It should be fine running those in series or parallel. It's only 200mah difference so you are not going to really do anything to hurt them IMO. If I needed to, I would hook them up together on my system. If you were hooking up parallel, you would just have to make sure the voltage is spot on (remember, the voltage is exactly the same on the two batteries. You can hook a 1000mah 2s to this if you wanted because the voltage is the same). so yea, I would do it.

Top Bottom