Batteries 2cell battery question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I have theses 3.7V 600mAh 25c batteries from my ex-QX90/95 and TBS Xracer. I would like to know if I can use those batteries instead of this ZIPPY Flightmax 350mAh 2S 20C. for my new micro FPV quad that I'm getting. Are these basically the same batteries beside the connector and the mAh? or will I have 6 brand new batteries, in the their own box, for sale... cheap Lol.

Smoggie

They are a lot smaller in capacity, so that will hit flight time significantly. Also and maybe more importantly they are only 20C so their peak current rating is 0.35Ah x 20C = 7Amps. Your old batteries were both larger and higher C rated: 0.6Ah x 25C = 15A

15A down to 7A is a big drop and may well mean that the new smaller batteries struggle/fail to meet peak current demand, especially if you fly hard and fast..

Smoggie

Sorry, i misread your previous post and was thinking you were trying to use a smaller battery, so forget what i said:oops:

Using a larger battery is ok, the only downsides are physically fitting it in and the effect of the extra weight on performance.

Tony

Staff member
Are you trying to use a 2s on a 1s system? If so, that is a bad idea and it can and will release the magic smoke! However, if you are wanting to use the 1s batteries and run them in series to create a 2s pack, then yes, that will work. But your batteries are going to be much heavier doing it this way. So use caution the first time you put it up.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony. I don't need to see that magic smoke. I also found this in the small print
Note:
1) This is not a Spektrum DSM2 product, nor is it a copy of a Spektrum DSM2 product.
The Spektrum and DSM2 brand is a trademark of Horizon Hobbies USA.
2) This is not an underground black market fake Spektrum product. KingKong quality is guaranteed.
So I cant use this with mt DX6 gen2 or can I?

Tony

Staff member
They are just saying it is not a close to cover their ass. As long as your Tx connects to it, you should be fine. Somewhere, the OrangeRx's state the same thing, but they work on the same band and principals as spektrum.

Top Bottom