Chargers 250W/10A charger

bigone5500

I found this on Banggood. It has better specs than mine. I just wonder if it's any good.

250W/10A Charger

747fc323-2760-420b-b987-4cb8e00b8458.jpg

Smoggie

It's an iCharger 106b clone. As a rule they are good chargers.

Hobbyking do their own version called the Reaktor.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, what Steve said is the same thing that came to my mind. If you want to know how the actual iCharger 106 is, ask @callsign4223 since he has one I think. He may have the 206... Not sure.

callsign4223

Staff member
I do have the 206. I really love it. Works perfect and charges the 6s batteries like a pro. Only thing I don't like is the battery charged sound. The pitch and rhythm sound like someone rocking in a rocking chair to me. I always go looking for a loose bolt on my chair before I remember that I have batteries charging in the back room. LOLOLOL

bigone5500

The antimatter charger has balance ports built in to the unit itself. I would think that is a good thing as you don't have to worry about the balance board and its leads. But it will probably make things a bit challenging when charging. I personally want to be able to pull up on my balance leads when disconnecting. If the unit is mounted in charging case or other setup, grasping the balance lead could be cumbersome. On that note, you could probably get a parallel charging board and be done with it. The price for the antimatter is $53 shipped. Hobbyking's unit is $63 shipped so The antimatter is a win-win. The original iCharger 106b is $89.99 free shipping. If I get into the market for a new charger I will probably go with the Charsoon antimatter.

Smoggie

Only thing I don't like is the battery charged sound. The pitch and rhythm sound like someone rocking in a rocking chair to me.

There is an easy fix for the noisy fan. You need to open the charger up and remove the fan. There is a sticker covering the hub of the fan, peel the sticker back to expose the bushing and put a small drop of oil on the bush (I used Scorpion bearing oil) making sure not to get the oil on the sticker or the face of the hub where the sticker goes. Push the sticker back down and put everything together... You now have a nice quiet fan and it will stay quiet for ages if not forever.

bigone5500

There is an easy fix for the noisy fan. You need to open the charger up and remove the fan. There is a sticker covering the hub of the fan, peel the sticker back to expose the bushing and put a small drop of oil on the bush (I used Scorpion bearing oil) making sure not to get the oil on the sticker or the face of the hub where the sticker goes. Push the sticker back down and put everything together... You now have a nice quiet fan and it will stay quiet for ages if not forever.
I have had to do that with computer case and PSU fans. I use 3-in-1 oil for those. I suppose that would be acceptable for that too.

Smoggie

The Charson and the Turnigy Reaktor are the same charger with different colour schemes, they both have the balance ports on the side, as does the original iCharger from which they are copied. Just buy whichever is cheapest because all but price is identical.

You should never pull on the balance wires. The wires are thin and really fragile, they will break or come away from the pins in the plug if you pull on them. If they do break they can be fixed but it's a fiddly job. You should pry out the balance plug by getting your finger nails under the lip on the plug itself.

PS.. yes, 3 in 1 should work but being a penetrating oil it's very thin, so will quite quickly dry up. Something a little thicker will last much longer. Motor oil for your car would be ideal.

callsign4223

Staff member

It's not the fan. It's the beeping sound the charger makes to let you know the charge is complete. It's a rhythmic beeping that doesn't stop until you push a button on the charger.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, the 306 is the same way with the beep. It starts out as a high beep, then the tone gets a little lower. Just like a squeak in a rocking chair lmao. That is why I have mine set on 5 beeps and not constant. Just used my 306 this morning as well as my black OcDay charger. And yes, got a little flight time in this morning as well. It's starting out as a good day. Other than a piece of my trailer that locks the doors shut is sitting inside the cab of my truck... That is not so good, but that is NOT MY PROBLEM hahahahaha.

Tony

Staff member
Can't go wrong with the iCharger. The 106 is just a 10 amp 6 cell max charger. Very small, but works exactly like my charger as well as Matt's charger. Just doesn't put out as much power. It will be a good charger, but if it were me, I would at least go to the 206 just for the overhead. But that is just me lol.

Tony

Staff member
It is twice the size and amp rating as the 106. So instead of charging at 10 amps, you can charge at 20 amps. This is handy when you are charging with a paraboard for multiple batteries. That is the reason I purchased the 306 with its 1000w of power, so I could charge all of my 2200mah 3s packs at once. And one of the first charges I did on my charger was charging 9 of those packs (some were 2650's) at one time in about 30 minutes. 9 packs in 30 minutes! That is a days worth of flying right there!.

so yes, I would get the largest charger you can get. Even if you dont' think you will need that much power, it's nice to have it there when you do need it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Decision, decision! I like to charge 2 batteries @ a time. I haven't tried 3 because the charge I have won't do it :( Every time I keep looking at charges, the price keeps going up Lol. Funny how that works. Taking your information into consideration Tony, I'm going with the one size smaller then you, I think and stop looking any more. iCharger 208B 350W 20A 8S Balance Charger This should work for me.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Decision, decision! I like to charge 2 batteries @ a time. I haven't tried 3 because the charge I have won't do it :( Every time I keep looking at charges, the price keeps going up Lol. Funny how that works. Taking your information into consideration Tony, I'm going with the one size smaller then you, I think and stop looking any more. iCharger 208B 350W 20A 8S Balance Charger This should work for me.
Geena mention a couple of charges from A main hobby but if I remember right, they were a little pricey for me .

Smoggie

Bear in mind that you need to consider amp and power rating. The 106b is 10A / 250W, the 206b is 20A / 300W.. So the 'bigger' charger has double the current rating but only slightly more power.
What this means in practice is that if you are charging 3S or 4S batteries the 'bigger' 206b will be much faster because current (amps) is the limiting factor. On the other hand for 6S batteries it wont make much difference because power is the limiting factor. For example the 106b could charge a 6S battery at 10A, the 206b could only charge slightly faster at 12A because it hits it's 300W limit.

You can also get clones of the 206b, Hobbyking have one which they call the Reactor 300W... i have one and it's a great little charger.

Top Bottom