Quad 250 Quadcopter FPV Instillation FatShark ImmersionRc

Tony

Staff member
Last edited:

Stambo

Tony you have some serious tuning to do on that thing, unfortunately I don't use CC3D so I won't be much help to you.
If you manage to flash Cleanflight on that thing, which a lot of people have done, tuning can be so much easier.
I am sure there will be someone here that can help with the CC3D software if you choose to keep going with it.
It should fly much better than that, even in the wind, that rocking should not happen.
Then you will get a much better FPV experience. :)

Tony

Staff member
Oh I'm sure about that. I changed some of the P settings from 25 to 20 and it's a lot better (believe it or not) than it was in teh last video I posted. But yes, it's bouncy as hell. I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate to tuning it. I need to just head to the flying field in that trailer you saw with a table and start burning batteries tuning. It's just going to take time.

One thing to remember, this is NOT a genuine CC3D controller. This is a clone from China. Like helicopters, I wanted to see if they could work, and IMO, it's possible. The quad is flyable, but just barely. I have hundreds of hours in the 3GX, and it's going to be the same with this one. Need to get another FC and quad and do what you are suggesting.

Tony
Since I am new to FPV and such I did catch something I want to question.
In your video you stated something to the affect that with the antennas you
have it does not make a difference which one is RX or TX....
Is this a proprietary thing with Fat Shark?
Can those antennas be used on non-Fat Shark RX-TX's
I only question this since my reading has lead me to believe
that 3 probes are for RX and 4 probes are for TX (or vice-versa) :)

Slobberdog

it depends on the connection on the specific VTX VRX being either SMA or RP-SMA and the Immersion Rc spironet antenna are both 4 leaf antennas therefore no difference between the two,

but saying that some antennas have different lengths and that's when they are specific

Lee

Welcome to the FPV world Tony :)
The wobble is more I gain than P gain.
Set up I gain on the TXPID using your Aux3 Knob and play around with it.

Tony

Staff member
From what I have been reading, the I gain is more fast wobble, and the P is more of a slow. Either way, once I get some time to tune this thing, I will be adjusting both of them. Actually, I may even play with the D gain as well.

Stambo

Are you flying with self level on Tony?
It can make quite a difference on the Naze32 board if the gain is too high.

Tony

Staff member
I'm running in atty mode, which I guess is self level. Going to play with rate mode this weekend if I can find time. I will do all of the tuning in rate mode first. Starting to get a grip on this whole "inside" "outside" thing lol.

Lee

From what I have been reading, the I gain is more fast wobble, and the P is more of a slow. Either way, once I get some time to tune this thing, I will be adjusting both of them. Actually, I may even play with the D gain as well.

I think you'll find, its the other way around.
P gain is related to high frequency wobble.
I gain is low frequency wobble.
Check out this tuitional video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Played with some settings today and flew two batteries. Much more stable, but one of the settings is a little too low. It feels a little drifty now. But, it's getting closer.

Top Bottom