Quad 250 quad & cc3d

dogtoy

Hey , it was a year or more now that I almost exclusively used the rc help vid to build my first cheap 250 clone ,..the problem is now I want to build some more & I literally forget how to do it ,..so I was going through my programs & files & find that openpilot is no longer supported ? I had been ordering parts all winter & have a stack of cc3d controllers & frames ,..& now it looks like open pilot gcs is no longer used ? I found a new program called LibrePilot ,..seems similar
I was wondering if you could do a new updated step by step beginner vid ,..on a 250 build with the cc3d ,, with whatever is the easiest software for someone new to use ,..I was also going to try fpv ,..maybe another video showing how different pdbs can be wired up ,..also what do I do If I have a mix of parts like a transmitter that puts out 5v , but a 12v camera ? do I just pull the power pins from the cam cable & extend those wires right to the pdb & just run the vid cable into the tx ? also Im sure there is a way to import my saved cc3d config profiles to librepilot ,..I havent found out how yet ,..,..anyway my first cheap 250 is still flying ,..it was wired a bit messy I hope to do it cleaner this time :)

trainrider06

Hi dogtoy, there are a couple of guys on here that are pretty proficient in the quad racers, hopefully one of em sees the post and can help ya better, I'd like to someday get me a quad racer myself, but right now I don't know much about em. I believe I saw that the program you'd mentioned was a good one to use though the librepilot one that is...

Rbei312

Re: 250 quad & cc3d

Yes it will. I think you need some different drivers but it'll work.

- - - Updated - - -

I use a small 200 dollar HP for my helis and quads running Windows 7. You can get one on Amazon.

Tasajara

I use a Pololu 12V Step-Up Voltage Regulator U3V12F12 to step up the 5v output from my VTx to work with a 12v Cam.
It just goes in line between the VTx and your camera. Cut the red wire from the Vtx output solder Vin and then Vout. Don't cut the Black wire just skin it back to tac it to the other Gnd pin.
Leave the Yellow as is. Slide a little heat shrink over the whole thing....

Last edited:
Top Bottom