Quad 250 prop question

blark35

Hi, I built a QAV 250 clone. I am running emax 2204 with emax 12A esc's. I had one set of 6030 props that I busted, however it seemed I was getting pretty good performance out of them until one exploded in mid flight. Luckily I was only about 2 feet off the ground. I switched to GF 5030's and they seem to be fine, but I don't think that I get as much lift out of them and I have to use a lot more throttle to get it off the ground. I was reading some forums and some said that the 6030's are to much for the 12A esc's. Any thoughts on this?

Tony

Staff member
Try the 5040s. Less rotating mass and same pitch. 6 inch os getting a little long for a 250 quad.

Lee

+1 on the HQ Bullnose 5x4.5
Best props out there.
Good power
Balanced well.
Very low vibes due to stiffness.

Downside. They are more brittle than others, so don't take to crashing well.

masterscross7

Try the DAL props or Dragonfly props 5x3 less breakage of props more flying time. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Lee

Bullnose or Blunt nose, just means the ends don't taper off.
They just have flat ends to the props.
Direct drive means, no gearing in between motor and prop.

WyDiablo

Yea, well the only thing I did not under stand was the "Direct Drive" part of the prop and that still sounds crazy for the title on the prop.

blark35

I tried the 5040's and definitely got more vertical response. However they seem to take a lot of maneuverability out of the aircraft, so when I start racing I will most likely switch back to the 5030's for the forward and side to side mobility.

Stambo

I tried the 5040's and definitely got more vertical response. However they seem to take a lot of maneuverability out of the aircraft, so when I start racing I will most likely switch back to the 5030's for the forward and side to side mobility.

You have to retune for different props, even if you try a different manufacturer of the same props.
For racing, 5030 will be too slow unless you are running real high KV motors.

WyDiablo

I have a 250 quad and 5030 props running 2400Kv motors. But I have not flown the quad yet I"m still trying to get the software setup and waiting on my new CC3D. And I have been wondering how the props would act at 2400Kv.

Stambo

I have a 250 quad and 5030 props running 2400Kv motors. But I have not flown the quad yet I"m still trying to get the software setup and waiting on my new CC3D. And I have been wondering how the props would act at 2400Kv.

I have the same and run 5040, 5030 are good to learn with but once you decide you want a little more speed, 5040 or 5045 are the way to go.
The DAL unbreakables seem to be getting good reviews so I may give them a go on my next prop order.

Top Bottom