Quad 1st flight with my first build and 1st quadcopter. Always exciting !!!

DavidDutch

Always exciting to do a first flight especially in little windy condition and if you never owned or flown or build a quadcopter before, but was happy to land it again in one piece:). The setup is simple and only costed 84usd excl. camera,RX and LIPO (total build incl. camera and RX and Lipo cost is around 180USD, but already had camera, RX and lipo)

DSC_0004_zpsfce66a69.jpg

DSC_0008_1600_1067_zps97987429.jpg

video is atm uploading, nothing special just practise :)

260 quadcopter frame
4x 1806 2300KV motors
FC KK2.1 LCD
ESC 12A RCX
RX601 receiver
TX Devo 12
4x 1530 props
Lipo 2200MAH 3S 25C redpower
Camera mobius

Just a standard mini Quadcopter to have some fun. I still have to do some tuning but was not unhappy with my real first flight with my 1st quadcopter.

Props are not balanced yet since I dont trust my balancer aswell. The movements are really slow so have yet to figure out where I can change them on the FC. (it is like flying with 80% exp and don't like that)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lillyryan

Now thats cool. i see your using the mobius camera and i have just been looking at them. Excellent to see it in action.
Cant wait to see more vids. Excellent job mate!

DavidDutch

Yes the mobius performs quite well if I may say so. I didn't know what to expect (all was new quad and camera) but the result was not disappointing. And it didn't break the bank. I also have another camera but on the small quad the mobius perfomred excelent.

Didn't know if I would get jello effect, since only used the standard platform but didn't see it. So yes I definitely am happy with my camera choice. Now only have to do some fine tuning because steering was slowwwwwwww and must put up the gain on rudder a little. But it was a good beginning of 2015 :)

Tasajara

nice to see you had a good maiden. After looking through a KK2 menu I found that you can get more response from your stick movments by raising the stick scaling values.
Like if it's on 30 move it up to 35-40 give it a test flight.
Just move it little at a time till you find what you like.
I also Run a Mobius on my mini's I use the wide angle lens. Great little camera for $78.

Here are a few good videos to help with setup and tuning of a KK2 board.

KK2 Control Board: THE WALKTHROUGH
KK2: QUICK START TUNING GUIDE

DavidDutch

thnx I know the videos, only have to look tomorrow, because was just a very very quick test flight before darkness. so will alter it tomorrow have the manual so all will work out fine . Only have to find a good way to balance the props. The one I have is not reliable. everytime when I attach the same prop different reading then 1 side then the other so its worthless

Lee

Nice one David. I'm on my fourth build of that quad.
Third and fourth are the same quad. Built one for a friend, which then got too close to a river (two hours under water)
Stripped down and re built. Only damage was the escs.

DavidDutch

thnx I will look into it, at the moment I have the following

images

but it shows everytime a different reading sometimes it shows one blade is to heavy if I take it of and place it again it is the other blade , so useless for me.

Lee

I have a similar one, but i think the spindle is actually bent. Not very accurate either.

Lillyryan

thnx I will look into it, at the moment I have the following

images

but it shows everytime a different reading sometimes it shows one blade is to heavy if I take it of and place it again it is the other blade , so useless for me.

Maybe it needs the hub of the prop balancing also? If it balances on one side but not the other it will be a hub issue. Put the prop on the balancer so the prop is trying to tip both ways and that will tell you that the top of the hub needs sanding off a bit.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

DavidDutch

aslong as I don't have issues with flying(shaking or vibrations) I actually dont care. I know how balancing works don't worry, only need a balancer which works as it should be :wink:

Lillyryan

aslong as I don't have issues with flying(shaking or vibrations) I actually dont care. I know how balancing works don't worry, only need a balancer which works as it should be :wink:

Have you balanced the balancer [emoji12]

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

DavidDutch

:boldblue:yes I have , I put a pair of blades on it, then throw it in the air and if it comes down straight it is balanced:biggrin-new::boldblue:

Stambo

I never balance props on my miniquad.
I break them too often.
The mobius does not seem to mind.

Top Bottom