1st devastating crash

evandbrock82

I just got into the qhadcoptor scene. I got my first one already assembled about 2 weeks ago. On the first flight (or attempted flight) I found out it took more skill than it appeared on the YouTube videos I'd been watching. So I took it real slow, keeping the orientation in front and me behind. After a week or so I got way more comfortable going fast. I have an eachine racer 250, seems like its more the entry level racing drone, but was really fast for me. I got going in the feild across from my house, and actually turning the drone as I went back and forth. Got a little too comfy, I believe I was going 50 or so mph. Thought I was flying behind a tree and smacked right into it, about 20' in the air. The tree didn't budge, lol. My quad fell straight to the ground, w three broken arms, a busted headlight(actually hanging out) and one motor won't work. So it's time to learn how to build one. I fixed everything but the motor, I have one coming from bangood. Just takes a while. It was a bummer, but I learned more about the quad itself in two days than I did in two weeks. Motor should be here soon, I'm chomping at the bit!!!

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, you were a bit unlucky with your first crash, I've had dozens and never done that much damage. It all becomes part of the learning curve.

You should pop an entry on New Member Introductions and tell us a bit more about yourself.

Smoggie

Sorry to hear about your crash. Quads are usually pretty robust and take a crash well, but hitting a tree flat out will never end well!

Best fly where there aren't any trees within range because they are like RC model magnets, but i guess you know that now.

Diver9543

Welcome to the forum and the land of ever crashing quads. I have a vortex and really enjoy flying it. I have replaced many props on it and I a firm believer that the folding arms on the vortex are a frame saver. I agree with Smoggie that they are magnets.

Jerry

Top Bottom