180 flight :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone. I got my TBS XRacer mess cleared up and finally flying. Today I needed a break from the TBS dilemma and took my Shuriken 180 for a spin on a course I've been trying to design. I need to add gated, markers and hoops to the course. I also need lots of practice getting used to the 180 and the track. I made 3 passes on the course, 2 crashes :( . 1 crash @ 2:00 but was able to keep going and the second crash, well... the quad landed up side down.

EyeStation

Looks good DOG. I am not surprised that you went down where you did with the reception there on the trail.
How many mW is that tx on the 180?
Seems to fly smooth.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you Eyestation. Yeah that strange because my reception for my view wasn't no where near that of that video. I don't know what happen their, but my view was fine til I got to the dirt road behind my house. My view then was barely had any distortion lines "I think that's what you call those line" that didn't even bother me. The 180 uses a 25mW/600mW with 800TVL camera. I'm using the 600mW because I fly alone. Since I'm surrounded by power lines, 2 CBS living area, aluminum garage in the back and aluminum car port in the front. With all that stuff I'm thinking about switching back to 25mW or leave it alone? If this is what I need, I will purchase something like this RC832 5.8G Hz 40 Channel FPV AV Receiver with Raceband - On Sale! and mount that on a tripod camera stand. If that will works or if anyone can recommend a set up that will work for me :) I would also like to purchase a run camera of some sort for this quad.

Geena

Staff member
That was pretty cool. I think you did great, considering the camera seemed to be glitching a little in those tight areas. The course layout looks awesome too. All you need now are some guys to race with you. :)

Top Bottom