Quad $18 - MultiWii Control board for a Budget

Tasajara

I have been trying out a few MultiWii boards, I tried one from HobbyKing... I can say it was a pain in the A$$, MultiWii Lite. I never did get it to work right yet.
So I went on to my next test subject... It is the Flip MWC Flight Controller 1.5
It is only $18 you can add straight pins for just a $1 more. Myself I added $3 and got the right angle pins on mine.
The other thing I really like about this board is the On board Micro USB port, never look a FTDI module again! Uses a USB 2.0 Male to Micro Male to set it up.
This is the easiest Wii board I have set up. If you fly "X" or "I" quad you don't have to load/modify the code.
Just load the GUI below.

MultiWii GUI - Very simple to use, Just select your com port and set the speed to 115200... hit connect and you are good.
Link : Wii GUI

Here are a couple of pics...
Flip MWC Flight Controller 1.5.JPGGreen Spider.jpg

And just for fun I tried it out in my Kitchen, because it has been raining all week.. :mad:

Flip MWC Flight Controller 1.5.JPG

Green Spider.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

callsign4223

Staff member
Craig, you rock. I have been lookin for a decently priced multi wii pre built. I was wondering about the hk one. Thanks for trying it first.

Great job there Craig and yeah for $18, you cant complain about that for sure looks nice and stable too, look forward to seeing it out in the field flying!

Tasajara

Thanks Guys.... I was looking for a good board to build a few PNP Quads to sale... and this one fit that need just right.

Here are a few pics of how the New MultiWii GUI looks...

3 gui s.jpg2 gui s.jpg1 gui s.jpg

1 gui s.jpg

2 gui s.jpg

3 gui s.jpg

Tasajara

Yes a H quad is the same as a X quad, motors in each of 4 corners. I have the same multi wii code on my H quad.

Tasajara

Got to try the quad outside today in between the rain..... I believe this will be a great controller for the money..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I like that, seems to be quite stable and great for those that are looking to get into it for a great price. Just wish that great price wasn't as high as it is lmao. One of these days.

wolfman76

hey craig i have been looking like crazy but i can't find the thread with the link in it for the props i have on my quad you gave to me they are orange and black 11x4.7 any help is greatly appreciated... 1 of the props broke in the crash... i would look in my bookmarks but my computer got messed up and i lost all my bookmarks that i had..

Last edited:

Tasajara

Here you go.... Got Heli RC
Sometimes I buy 6 of each and you get 10% off the price. But it has to be like 6 green , 6 green Reverse and so on. You can't mix and match the 6.

hey craig i have been looking like crazy but i can't find the thread with the link in it for the props i have on my quad you gave to me they are orange and black 11x4.7 any help is greatly appreciated... 1 of the props broke in the crash... i would look in my bookmarks but my computer got messed up and i lost all my bookmarks that i had..

Top Bottom