Micro 130x wobble

Slobberdog

Guys I have a problem, I have developed a wobble, had it before I put the head upgrades on

Replaced the "A" gear, main shaft and feathering shaft, tried a different main gear, don't know what to try next, thinking it might be the main board.

[video=youtube_share;IzdnlplyVLY]http://youtu.be/IzdnlplyVLY[/video]

Slobberdog

Update..........

Well after a bit of digging, I had a couple of things to try.

1. play in servos, a little but ball ends seem ok ish, will order new ones next time I put an order in.

2. Play in swash to grip rods, play found, so I changed the upgraded o rings I had fitted on the blade grips for canopy mounts and the swash end of the rod I put one old o ring and one upgraded one, oh and changed the rods for new ones.

The result

SORTED, :applouse: whoo hoo, the heli is back to prefect, no tail wagging no cyclic wobble, just a nice stable bird,

YES,:cheerful::yahoo:

Bruno

Update..........

Well after a bit of digging, I had a couple of things to try.

1. play in servos, a little but ball ends seem ok ish, will order new ones next time I put an order in.

2. Play in swash to grip rods, play found, so I changed the upgraded o rings I had fitted on the blade grips for canopy mounts and the swash end of the rod I put one old o ring and one upgraded one, oh and changed the rods for new ones.

The result

SORTED, :applouse: whoo hoo, the heli is back to prefect, no tail wagging no cyclic wobble, just a nice stable bird,

YES,:cheerful::yahoo:

Good to know. Glad you found the slop. I have the same heli and although a great bird it reacts to any slop or weak spot or imbalance. Mine had a shake that drove me crazy until I realized it was the tail rotors that needed to be balanced. Happy flying!!!

Slobberdog

Yeah I had a tail wag and it was getting to me, use a half canopy grommet on the tail servo control rod to pitch control arm point that should help, oh and I turned the gyro gain down in the hidden menu that HH don't tell you about,

Bruno

Yeah I had a tail wag and it was getting to me, use a half canopy grommet on the tail servo control rod to pitch control arm point that should help, oh and I turned the gyro gain down in the hidden menu that HH don't tell you about,

Right. Done. Except I used the Lynx o-ring on the pitch slider connector and it worked well. I used the Lynx o-ring assortment anywhere I could find a place for them. Gotta be carefule with the pitch slider connection though. The increased tension can pop off the ball link.

xokia

Right. Done. Except I used the Lynx o-ring on the pitch slider connector and it worked well. I used the Lynx o-ring assortment anywhere I could find a place for them. Gotta be carefule with the pitch slider connection though. The increased tension can pop off the ball link.
Yes and it will happen in flight! I dont use the O-ring on the pitch slider no issues for me.

Slobberdog

Well my wobble came back, but I have found the culprit, the brand new swash I had has too much play in the bearing and is causing the cyclic wobble, I have sent the supplier an email and left the original swash on the heli after I tested it.

I must say though with the tighter swash on there now it feels super tight and locked in.

Slobberdog

New swash plate being sent out, I have to say though 2 items from Xtreme that were bad, not a good show.

Slobberdog

New swash plate arrived this morning, inspected to see if this one was made the same way as the other one, but this one is OK and has no play in the bearing, lol the only down side is I am stuck in work and cant fit and test the thing, aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Slobberdog

Well after changing the swash I still had the wobble as it came back even with the original swash fitted, I was gutted.

Changed the pitch links to DFC items and low and behold this made no difference, gutted again.

So have changed nearly everything, but the servos and the 3 in 1 board, so after a bit of looking around if found a thread somewhere about the servos getting dirty, so I looked for a video of how to clean them, watched then started the clean not an easy task I must say, got the three done and then a long rebuild, followed buy a short test hover.

WHOO HOO its fixed, no more poxy wobble,

Oh the DFC is the dogs danglies,

image.jpg

image.jpg

xokia

Are you running the stock main shaft? If you are and the wobbles come back remove the head. Stick a small screwdriver in the top of the shaft. Apply just a small amount of pressure and look for a crack right where the screw secured the head.

I don't run the hollow main shafts anymore they crack to easily.

Slobberdog

Yes I had a cracked main shaft was the first thing to change after reading your thread, put the Xtreme solid carbon in it. And funny thing the solid shaft is cheaper than the stock shaft,

you can defo see the drop in performance that the upgrades cause, like you said it would, but that little drop has tamed it a bit for me and it feels more tight and manageable now,

Bruno

Well after changing the swash I still had the wobble as it came back even with the original swash fitted, I was gutted.

Changed the pitch links to DFC items and low and behold this made no difference, gutted again.

So have changed nearly everything, but the servos and the 3 in 1 board, so after a bit of looking around if found a thread somewhere about the servos getting dirty, so I looked for a video of how to clean them, watched then started the clean not an easy task I must say, got the three done and then a long rebuild, followed buy a short test hover.

WHOO HOO its fixed, no more poxy wobble,

Oh the DFC is the dogs danglies,

View attachment 7440

I have read that routine ceaning with product link below will save you the trouble of dissasembly.

Deoxit D100L Squeeze Tube 100 Solution | eBay

Deoxit® DN5 Mini Spray Nonflammable 5 Solution 14 G | eBay

Top Bottom