Micro 130x tail issue

Slobberdog

Well I have been having so much fun lately with this little bird, but I had a glitch last Monday in the hall, on battery 3 the tail just gave way spun the heli like a top, but got it down with no damage, when I got to it the servo was going from full lock one way to full the other many times, let the heli cool down again and it seemed ok, but this week it done it again on battery 3, but I snapped a main blade when it came down,

So the question is whether it's the 3in1 or the new Lynx tail servo I got fitted?

cml001

Check the gears and gear mesh... My 130 eats gears like no other.. Plastic... Metal.. Doesn't matter... It just eats'm!

Slobberdog

It's electrical, has to be as servo had a mind of its own, now whether that's down to the servo or the board I am not sure,

Slobberdog

No not back 2 back, letting cool down well between flights, but does seem to be something to do with a bit of heat maybe, just not sure

Slobberdog

its a new battery each flight, have to send in to Horizon hobby for it to be looked at. Its 11 months old now so I have had a good run with it, there might be nowt wrong with it and it could be the tail servo that's gone

heli-maniac

Ya it may just be the servo from what I hear they are still working out the bugs and are now working on anew version of it

Slobberdog

have a ticket in with Lynx so will wait and see, board going back to HH today so that will get a good look over.

Admiral

I have two 130X helicopters I found that the only way to keep one available all the time, one of the issues that I have had on both is Brown Out on the tail servo, all works fine when sitting on the ground and low revs but once you reach full power the tail servo stops working, a new servo will fix it briefly sometimes but after a couple of flights it's back again. Had the first board fixed by Mega Micros US$25 seems to have resolved the problem, the second board is away being fixed now.

Slobberdog

Result, new main board and new servo coming from Horizon Hobby as they could not replicate the fault

And replacement bits from Lynx Heli (Main Blade DFC grips and links) as they are out of stock on the servo and not going to get them back in for a while,

I have ordered a new servo from the UK shop as he had them in stock so all in all a happy chap today.

Slobberdog

Well got my new board in the post this morning and the new lynx servo I ordered as well, so I have had to wait all day as it was family time, but just got it sorted.

But then had a blonde moment, put radio on and connected the battery but just got a flashing blue light, mmmmh I thought this was supposed to be a new board went through my head, right what have I done wrong, mmmh checked all my connections, they were ok, still scratching my head at this point, then the blonde moment came to a head,

YOU HAVE TO BIND THE NEW BOARD, DoH

So once I got past that then the rest was plain sailing, one happy 130x again, yeah baby......

Slobberdog

Nope none the wiser, might put the old lynx tail servo back on, but not keen to see the bird come down spinning, just to see if its good or bad,

Has a good set of gears in it so not a total loss,

heli-maniac

Well would have like to known what the cause was if it was the servo
Then im not going to use mine and wait for the updated one to come out and get it

Slobberdog

Well it could be one of those faults they know about with the servo as they replaced gave me a credit note straight off the bat, no questions asked, and HH said they had tested the board and could not replicate the issue, so I would say its a good chance that it was the servo,

philmill

it may have just been a dirty tail servo they recommend you should clean the servo's every 30 flights or so . i had board / gyro problems with my 130x sent it back to H/H there after sale service is first class in most cases they will replace the parts just to give you peace of mind ,

Slobberdog

Not running std servo had a Lynx upgrade on there,

But service has been great, and they replaced the board for peace of mind as you said and gave me a new tail servo to boot as well cos they thought that could be at fault,

Great service, great communication can't fault HH UK on this one.

Top Bottom