Micro 130x metal tail torque tube gear upgrade

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So

After this... My tail transmission is all metal all gears A B C D.. This company / guy in Japan are making these metal rear torque tube gears.

22 bucks... About 10 times the worth of plastic ones.. But changing them was a pain sometimes.

Now the question is what will give? Lol lets c..

I am gonna see what's giving in on crashes and then may be put in one gear that's easiest to change plastic...

NOW THINKING ABOUT THIS... It will be a test for the bigger helis too... Like align was coming up with carbon steel or some kind of awesome non stripping torque tube gears .. SOMETHING will have to give in a crash right?

Lets see with this little heli as our Guinea pig!! What do you say...?

What is your guess will be the first to go ?

Main shaft?
Feathering shaft?
Main gear?
Tail boom?
Head yoke?
Blades?

Or something else.. Ill fly.. You guess ;)

image-1547077599.jpg

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

image-1547077599.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I think if you crash under power, the main gear will strip and/or the actual TT will twist and possibly snap. I do think those gears are going to be quite a bit more noisy than plastic gears, but I'm willing to accept the noise if it means no more stripped TT gears lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh they are smooth!! Very less noise and heli spools and coasts like on butter lol. I think these are machined but I don't know. Seem very well built.

Made using carbon steel :)

That's what I guessed too.. Interestingly in this heli you barely break main shafts .. We'll see if that changes.

Tt is just a thick piano wire basically... If that snaps.. Man that'll make it a bigger pain. I would rather have the D gear strip (gear on the tail output shaft )

Lets c

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Only one way to find out. Go out and crash your heli HARD tail in and under power. If you are going to test it, test it correctly hahahahaha

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Don't like to put it like that. That hurts to hear.

Regardless it'll happen. Lol I just won't be able to do it intentionally. But it'll happen haha!

callsign4223

Staff member
Come on, do like that video showing the new align TT gears and spool up then pull back on the elevator, start cutting some concrete.

Top Bottom