Micro 130x has arrived

danhampson

what can i say what a cool little heli, ive put about 9 batteries through her and had great fun, i can see me flying it quite alot.
Ive had a couple of crashes with her 1st crash stripped some teeth off the tail shaft gear (no biggie, used the spare out that came with her) had a couple more crashes without damage and the last one has take some teeth off the main gear.
this heli is going to be a really good learning tool.
ive been looking at upgrade main gears (the ones with the oneway bearing) are they worth getting or should i stick with stock?

Slobberdog

Nice to hear you like it, if your gonna crash be quick with the throttle hold, should save you on parts

danhampson

im surpised how much of pounding its taken to be honest. i'll have to try and remember to hit throttle hold.

just out of interest what D/R & expo are you guys running, at the moment ive got her set with 60 D/R and 30% expo

Slobberdog

70 dr 40 expo for me, I watched one you tube video, the guy crashed 3 times doing 3d, each time he crashed he flipped it up with the throttle took back off and continued to give it a pasting,

xokia

The 130x really takes a pounding I have no complaints and IMO its one of the best helicopters to learn 3D on. Its very forgiving for mistakes as long as your flying over grass. I'm not a huge fan of that xtreme production main gear. It ads a bit of weight, if you have the aftermarket motor its fine. But if you have the stock motor go for the solid carbon rod instead.

danhampson

Im hoping this little bird helps me nail side in and nose in hover, i can do it on the sim but in real life i panic (with my 450). My parts should be here this morning so she should be back in the air this afternoon.
I ended up ordering 2 stock main gear a set of rear torque gear and a fiberglass canopy (forgot to put that i mangled that).
Whats the advantage to the solid carbon main shaft? Or should i use it with the auto maingear

xokia

Im hoping this little bird helps me nail side in and nose in hover, i can do it on the sim but in real life i panic (with my 450). My parts should be here this morning so she should be back in the air this afternoon.
I ended up ordering 2 stock main gear a set of rear torque gear and a fiberglass canopy (forgot to put that i mangled that).
Whats the advantage to the solid carbon main shaft? Or should i use it with the auto maingear
Autoing a 130x is pretty much worthless. So I wouldn't waste my time with a one way. The stock motor spins faily freely so its not really needed.

The stock main shaft cracks easily and can cause all kinds of head and tail issues. The problems aren't always obvious either. The solid carbon rod doesnt crack. When it fails it usualy just breaks in half so much easier to figure out what the problem is. It also holds up to more abuse before failure.

murankar

Staff member
With side in just gradually work to that point. I am getting better but still have some pucker factor going on. First rotate to 45° while out to the side. If going left side in (nose left) you should hover out to your right. Opposite for nose right. Then once you feel less pucker move out to a full 90°. Hold the hovers as long as you can then move back to tail in.

danhampson

Did some side in with the 450 this morning and nailed it left side and a bit shaky right side. My weekend with the 130x has defo helped.
My parts didnt turn up today so they should be here in the morning.

Slobberdog

I use Align-trex.co.uk and get my parts the next day, if you order them early enough, and he is a good price.

danhampson

i order my stuff from fast lad or midland helis, this time from fast lad royal mail was the hold up. thought id post a pic after her repair
20130501_143046.jpg

20130501_143046.jpg

heli-maniac

that looks like my old 130x that canopy is hard to keep track of it blends in with every thing
so i got a new one
here is my new extreme 130xxx as i call it

Last edited:
Top Bottom