700 12s to 10s

brent

Hi guys can someone please confirm my thoughts?
I fly a trex 700e with the align 750 mx motor and cc edge 120hv esc,
normally I'm flying 12s with a 12t pinion and 112t main gear with head speeds of 1700n 1850iu1 and 2050iu2 would it be okay to use a couple of 5s 8000mah packs if I only fly in idle up 1 (1850)?
I entered the gearing and cell number in the castle link soft ware and at 1850hs its says the set up has minimal over head for governing but I gather for some mild 3d this should be okay?

Tony

Staff member
I don't think I would run a 700 on 10s, but if you want to give it a shot, I would go up one tooth on your pinion to gain that overhead back. And you might still be able to reach your 2050. But remember, the lower the voltage, the higher the amperage. so make sure you have enough ESC to handle it.

brent

Yes I thought that too but a friend has 4 5s 8000mah packs I can have :) would be a bit of a pain to change the pinion just for a couple of flights.Thanks for the tip on the amps I had over looked, Think I will just try it and check the data logs to make sure I don't peak anything out.
Had one of my cells burst into flames on a 6s pack Today so will turn it into a 5s pack anyone ever flown 11s before has to be better than 10s?
I know its not Ideal but if I don't I have the other 6s pack and 5 cells just lying around seems like a waste to me.

Top Bottom