Micro 120 sr is ready to go

murankar

Staff member
I got my new stock flybar and tail motor today. Just installed them and now I wait for the batteries to charge. to dab it dark now and the wind was not to nice today. Hope for a better day for tomorrow. Wind may still be an issue since we are coming into spring here.

murankar

Staff member
well i thought it was ready. Installed the new motor and broke the connector for the motor on the tail boom side. The boom is over a year old by now and has some vibrations in it. Well time to order a new one.

murankar

Staff member
I just ordered my 120 sr parts on the 15th of this month from amainhobbies and I signed for the package yesterday the 20. Amainhobbies seems to have the fastest shipping to me, next would be the hobbypartz family of companies, then everyone else. hobbypartz takes about 10 days from the day of order to receive. Considering what mail mail has to do to get to me, that's not bad. All of my mail ends up in the military mail system at some point so that is my biggest hold up. Also amazon had me an order in as quick as 3 week days. I guess it is just timing for me.

gravybird

Ohhh that's not as bad as I was thinking. Well happy 120ing. I got nearly all new parts for mine too, gonna rebuild the top end:)

murankar

Staff member
I started and compleated the head. I need the swash and flybar to complete the main shaft then it's off to the lower part.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Being in the military should you not have a big building or hanger somewhere to fly in? A sr 120 is not very good outside. It's ment to be flown indoors. Way to small for any kind of breeze. Mine allways ended up on a nabors yard every time I tried to fly out side. My club flys in a high school gym all winter long that's where I fly mine! Lol.

murankar

Staff member
I wish, that would be really cool to have. We do have a nice gym but I do not think we would be aloud to do that. Whats odd is that we have a dirt track and a pavement track which are small but serve the purpose. The wind was the reason I went to the 450. Now I want to fly both and my room is not the place for either. In town there is a flying field but it's outside and it would require a taxi ride that would cost about $5 (5500 won) one way. In the end I would feel like the small guy in a gym of body builders, out of place. anyhow I have some training to do I should be back on later tonight.

murankar

Staff member
This morning I ordered my new tailboom for the 120sr along with some other stuff. It should be here by the weekend, I hope. Maybe do a hover vid of it if it is to windy or raining.

Top Bottom