FBL Gyro 1/4 Scale Gyro Recommendation

Dennis H

I have a 1/4 Scale MD 500, Vario electronics and mechanics.

I want to put the best gyro in this unit. It's a 12s system, I have a 7008 Futaba receiver. I have my current choice of a NAZA-H, a Skookum-H w/GPS, a Vbar, and a 7200.

I want the best one for just casual flying, NO 3D. I know I have a good TX and RX, just want to mate the best Gyro with everything.

Thanks in advance for your help and consideration. I am looking forward to it. I also have Scale Bodies for the other units as well. I am not opposed to selling any of them to have the best.

I have an individual wanting to sell em a DJI Wookkong 2/GPS who claims it's the best. If so, I will get it. Cheap insurance for my Heli, IMO.

Let me know our thoughts, Dennis

Smoggie

I've not used one but I always considered the Skookum 720 'Black' to be the 'Rolls Royce' of FBL. The Skookum has full GPS compatibility and it uses top spec 'Pinpoint' 3 axis gyros which are more vibration resistant than the mobile phone type gyros uses in most other FBL controllers.

The only problem with Skookum is that they have pretty much pulled out of the RC market so although the units are still available there is no ongoing development.

Jimbo

Same thing with the Naza-H. It is no longer supported, but I find this a good thing, as all the videos and how to threads are still good. I have just installed a Naza-H in my 450 and found it to be easy to program. So much so, that I ordered a second one to have on standby for my next build.

The WooKong has waypoints, return home and semi auto take off, which the Naza-H does not. I have not found a Wookong available anywhere for sale.

Jim

Jimbo

They are also very pricy. Even the Naza-H is getting hard to find, but there are some still around. Sky Pirate has the entire set up for $448.00 and RC Aerodyne sells the individual components.

Jim

Dennis H

They are also very pricy. Even the Naza-H is getting hard to find, but there are some still around. Sky Pirate has the entire set up for $448.00 and RC Aerodyne sells the individual components.

Jim

Thanks for the info, Dennis

Top Bottom