Hello from South East Kansas

kansas-terry

Hello everyone my name is Terry, I live in SE Kansas.I have been a RC freak for years, just trucks and cars, recently have tried Helicopters. This has been very trying!! I have trashed 2 copters and 1 Dromida Vista, which they said could not be done LOL. I am now trying a Blade 120 SR, I have finally got tail-in hover, working on right side hover now. I have almost finished a KSE 380 Goblin. I will not attempt to fly until I know I can handle it. I have installed an AR7210BX and trying to figure that out!! I have purchased the Accurc sim, but my computer will not handle it, so I am in the process of building a gaming computer. I play guitar and I always thought that was a difficult task, but flying Helicopters is by far more challenging!! Thanks for letting me be part of this group!!!

Terry

Smoggie

Hi Terry, welcome to the addiction! It's the fact that it's hard that makes it rewarding, but it will 'click' and it's a great feeling when it does.

Make sure that you get LOTS of practice in before trying the Goblin 380, that's a very big step up from the Blade 120 in so many ways. The AR7210 does at least offer the option of stability mode (if you pay for the SAFE upgrade) which makes basic hovering and gentle forward flight very much easier.. I'd suggest it's worth paying for the upgrade as it will almost certainly save you a crash or three.

The best thing anyone can do as a beginner is find a club or at least hook up with some other flyers on an informal basis. This makes the learning process a lot quicker and a lot less painful, plus it's always more fun when you have a few buddies to fly with.

kansas-terry

Hi Terry, welcome to the addiction! It's the fact that it's hard that makes it rewarding, but it will 'click' and it's a great feeling when it does.

Make sure that you get LOTS of practice in before trying the Goblin 380, that's a very big step up from the Blade 120 in so many ways. The AR7210 does at least offer the option of stability mode (if you pay for the SAFE upgrade) which makes basic hovering and gentle forward flight very much easier.. I'd suggest it's worth paying for the upgrade as it will almost certainly save you a crash or three.

The best thing anyone can do as a beginner is find a club or at least hook up with some other flyers on an informal basis. This makes the learning process a lot quicker and a lot less painful, plus it's always more fun when you have a few buddies to fly with.

Thanks for the welcome! I will not be flying the Goblin until I get all the orientations down that's for sure. I have a lot invested in it. I still do not have a digital pitch gauge. I have been watching the videos here on how to set up the AR7200BX and tying to learn.

Diver9543

Welcome to the forum, Smoggie. Sit back, relax and enjoy your new hobby. I can't offer any advice on heli flying as I am learning to fly Quads and Fixed wing.

Top Bottom