Off Topic Chit Chat
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Topic Chit Chat

Rc-Help Owner & Founder

http://www.rc-help.com

Off Topic Chit Chat

Well, I screwed up and deleted the old thread (log in post here 2). That was my bad. Working on the site, in a hurry and crap happens. That'll teach me lmao.

Here is the new Off Topic thread. The other title was out dated anyway.

I'll start.

So I'm just sitting here in Minooka Il waiting to be unloaded. I'm 40 minutes late and they are now making me wait. Go figure.... I'm seriously looking at going back to my old company. Hourly pay so I make a minimum every single day and it's pretty much what I'm making here on average. We will find out though.

Did see a horrible crash today though, right after it happened. A friggin rock hauler (pond scum of the trucking world. Most, not all) pulled out right in front of another driver and that driver had NO WHERE TO GO other than into the trailer of that rock hauler. The windshield was against the trailer, it was that bad. He survived, just barely.

› See More: Off Topic Chit Chat
    Help Support Rc-Help By Signing Up with Patreon https://www.patreon.com/RcHelp

Please DO NOT PM me to ask questions. Post them in the forum so that it can help other members in the future.

Rc-Help.com's YouTube Channel SUBSCRIBE TODAY!!!

Elite Rc-Help Member

Re: Off Topic Chit Chat

Love the chit chat threads in forums...

Sunday my family on my Mother's side... got together for the annual reunion ( which I didn't make this year ) many coming from quite away off, including an Aunt/Uncle who come in from Alaska....

One of the things they do is to have an auction of things family members had made and the proceeds go to paying for next years rent of the location as well as general supplies needed such as food, tea, pop and other assundries you need for a get together like that.

One of my cousins that had moved into my Grandparents house after they passed away... Had taken down some of the cedar tree's my Grandfather had planted to surround a portion of the yard by the house back in the early 50's right after my Parents had gotten married. Out of one of those, he'd made a cane.... Once my Mother saw it and found out that not only did one of her nephews make the cane, but it also had come from one of the trees her father had planted on the land she'd grown up on... Just had to get it for my Dad who's now starting to use one more often. She did win it in the auction... of course, our family are a bit awnry and joke and tease each other constantly... so several of the other cousins ( one a sister to the cousin that made it actually ) couldn't let it go for cheap.... kept bumping it up... each time all of the rest of the family just laughed more and more.... Mom ended up paying $25 for it in the end, but the memories it'll bring and not to mention the laughter it brought during the auction made it worth every penny.... BTW... Dad is stoked about it also
    Randy

3D HobbyShop 47" Extra 300 SHP
    3D HobbyShop 51" Slick
    3D HobbyShop 41" Edge 540
    3D HobbyShop 46" Vyper

Elite Rc-Help Member trainrider06's Avatar

That's a nice story Randy very much enjoyed it! I miss family reunions, we used to have them every 4th of July. Fond memories of those out by the lake, great home cookin pots of food brought out by everyone.
    That was a very nice thing about the cane also, we can alway and should always appreciate, and learn how good we got it because of those older people living and not with us anymore!

Speaking of family things, does anyone know or remember what "script" was? My dad kept some of that from his and my grandfathers days of working the coal mines in Harlan Ky. My dad worked the mines from the time he was 14, to 21, then serving in combat in Korea, worked the mines a short time when he returned and just one day walked out of em got my mom and headed to Ohio for the factory work.
    The mines eventually claimed him when he died in 2007 from black lung.
    I now have that script, as well one of the original Union contract books when they unionized in the 40's.
    As well I have some of his tools that I hold dear, and use them from time to time. Always think of him when I do and remember how he always loved to tinker with things. I suppose that's where some of these damn heli's hook me, because I enjoy building and getting them to fly as much as flying em. I wasn't into the hobby when he was still alive but I know he would have loved em too.
    Rodney

My birds: Blade SR/Walkera V120DO2S/Align 450 Pro DFC/Align 450L Dominator/ Align 500 Pro DFC
    Blade Nano QX

tony wuz here testing and on video

Elite Rc-Help Member corsair_pilot's Avatar
    Macquarie Fields, New South Wales, Australia

Oh well Tony, these things happen!

Well i've had a weekend spent in hospitals and Dr's surgeries.
    Really not a weekend that I want to relive.
    My son is still quite ill... had a fever of 40 (approx 104F).
    He's got some sort of head cold, and he just can't shake it. Fever, coughing until he spews... just not having a great run this past few days. Got out of hospital at 2.30am this morning... but averaging 4hrs sleep all weekend. Starting to feel it!
    Anyway that's enough about me!
    Well here's hoping I get my thingo approved, and I can get out and enjoy the time out at the field!
    Jonathan
    Apprentice 15e
    HK450 GT Pro
    Spektrum DX8

Rc-Help Owner & Founder

Horrible about your boy, hope he gets better soon. I once had a fever of 106F. I was hella sick, almost dead. My body was cooking itself. Not only did I think I was dying, I was hoping I was. That was the worst. As you see, it does get better. Just have to hang in there.

Please DO NOT PM me to ask questions. Post them in the forum so that it can help other members in the future.

Today was about to kill me. On my freaking heck. So I spent most of the day on a roof, not to do roofing. A customer wants a fire place removed and let me tell yeah its not as easy as it sounds. It was so bad we had to use an electric jack hammer to bust up the concrete that was used to form the newer section of the chimney. What had happened was the roof was remade in to a peak instead of a flat roof. the original chimney was extended to stick out the new roof, its a code thing. Anyhow the new part was poured concrete, dirt, cinder block, gravel a vainer. So in comes the jackhammer.

If you want a chimney removed be prepared to spend some bucks. This is a super labor intensive job and will kick anybodies butt. I am about ready for bed here shortly.
    -- Matthias "URI" Urankar (FB=URI X-three) --
    Gaui X3, SAB Goblin 570 , Blade 180 CFX

VControl / dx 6 / Vbar Neo / pulse batteries / PowerLab PL6 / BK Servos /Zeal Blades / Scorpion / HobbyWing

570 Album / Gaui X3 Album ​/

Rc-Help Owner & Founder

Crane and wrecking ball... Just sayin...

That would have been nice, but the rental place was all out. Besides we were trying to save the house.
    -- Matthias "URI" Urankar (FB=URI X-three) --
    Gaui X3, SAB Goblin 570 , Blade 180 CFX

VControl / dx 6 / Vbar Neo / pulse batteries / PowerLab PL6 / BK Servos /Zeal Blades / Scorpion / HobbyWing

570 Album / Gaui X3 Album ​/

Quote Originally Posted by murankar View Post
    That would have been nice, but the rental place was all out. Besides we were trying to save the house.
    Concrete saw called "The Partner." Then just cut it down in section. Just a thought. You probably have it done by now.
    Tarot 450 DFC, AR7200BX, KST215, HW 50a, Turnigy 2836-3700
    Gaui X3, AR7200BX, KST215, HW 60a V3, Xnova 2618 XTS
    500 DFC, AR7300BX, KST515, HW 100a, Turnigy Typhoon 1800
    QX95/FPV goggles
    DX6i for Phoenix Sim.
    DX6

Elite Rc-Help Member trainrider06's Avatar

C-4 plastics! ;-)
    Rodney

My birds: Blade SR/Walkera V120DO2S/Align 450 Pro DFC/Align 450L Dominator/ Align 500 Pro DFC
    Blade Nano QX

tony wuz here testing and on video

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast