Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yaw issue with Estes Proto X Nano

New Rc-Help Member
    Thanks

Yaw issue with Estes Proto X Nano

Greetings,

My Proto X has starting acting up. After yawing either direction, after the stick is recentered it will continue to yaw to the right, sometimes as much as 80 degrees. I've done the gyro recalibration and it still happens. I suspect the issue is with the controller (the tiny stock controller) not the copter itself.

Anyone else have this issue and find a way to resolve it?

Thanks,

Greg.

Rc-Help Owner & Founder
    Thanks

Re: Yaw issue with Estes Proto X Nano

What gyro are you using on this?

New Rc-Help Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    What gyro are you using on this?
    I don't understand the question. The copter and controller are just stock, out-of-the-box.

Rc-Help Owner & Founder
    Thanks

should have done a search on this thing lol. Thought it was a helicopter.

Sounds like the yaw gyro is over compensating. Have you tried rebinding the Tx to the quad? Not sure if you can, but it's worth a shot. Also, are there any adjustments you can do to the gyros? This is a pretty new quad and I don't think anyone on here has one.

Rc-Help Supporter
    Thanks

You don't have any rudder trim dialed in, do you?

Make sure the props are tight on the motor shafts. Also take them off one at a time and make sure there isn't any hair or anything wrapped around there. Sometimes hair will wrap up and cause the prop response to be sluggish and cause this kind of issue.
    Paul
    Goblin 500, 700 - Align TRex 700E - Blade 550X, mCPX-BL, nCPX - Spektrum DX9, DX7s
    Citizen #72 - Bending and breaking helis since Jan 2013
    Warning: All advice is subject to revision and revocation. Use at your own risk.

Thanks

I've found that it is a problem with the tx that comes bundled with the quad. I have had the same issues with mine using the stock tx (which doesn't have trims for rudder). It wasn't horrible and I could still control it with the small tx. The way I fixed the problem for me was I built a tx module that I plug into my dx8 and then I can set dual rates and use trims. Also unlocks all of the other feature of the proto such as light control and flips too. Mine flies without the exaggerated yaw and rolls now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pvolcko View Post
    You don't have any rudder trim dialed in, do you?

Make sure the props are tight on the motor shafts. Also take them off one at a time and make sure there isn't any hair or anything wrapped around there. Sometimes hair will wrap up and cause the prop response to be sluggish and cause this kind of issue.
    I would also check the props as well though for any hair like Paul suggested. I would also check to make sure that none of your motor mounts are broken either.
    Chris
    Align 450 Pro iKon, xTreme Blade 130X, 350QX, mQx, nano QX, Hubsan x4, proto X, DX8
    It's all in the twist...

Rc-Help Owner & Founder
    Thanks

Proved me wrong lol. I didn't think anyone on here had one lol. Chris, can you inform us how to make a module for the DX8? For $35, it may just be worth it if I can get it flying with my DX8...

Thanks

I can post some schematics up when I get back to work on Monday. I forgot my jump drive at work which has my instructions on it. The hard part is getting the transceiver modules. No one carries them in the states. And also coming up with a small enough case to install everything into. I'm working on an all in one design right now where all the components are on one board instead of two (still a ways off on these though). The range is also extended further than the stock tx as well. The module is capable on controlling all hubsan models including their x4 fpv. With a different transceiver, it can be capable of up to 1500m range. Although, I would only recommend that for fpv
    I do have a few modules that I can let go for the cost of the parts though. I just have to assemble them. They are spektrum or JR compatible. The range on these modules is roughly 60 feet. These things are tiny though and 60 feet is plenty
    Chris
    Align 450 Pro iKon, xTreme Blade 130X, 350QX, mQx, nano QX, Hubsan x4, proto X, DX8
    It's all in the twist...

Rc-Help Supporter
    Thanks

I bought a bunch of these for family and friends this past Christmas. Fun little quads. Apparently they will bind with Hubsan X4 transmitters, which is a nicer Tx.
    Paul
    Goblin 500, 700 - Align TRex 700E - Blade 550X, mCPX-BL, nCPX - Spektrum DX9, DX7s
    Citizen #72 - Bending and breaking helis since Jan 2013
    Warning: All advice is subject to revision and revocation. Use at your own risk.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pvolcko View Post
    I bought a bunch of these for family and friends this past Christmas. Fun little quads. Apparently they will bind with Hubsan X4 transmitters, which is a nicer Tx.
    Yep, the x4 tx works with the proto too. In my case, I wanted a way to just use my dx8 with everything instead of multiple transmitters.
    Chris
    It's all in the twist...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast